google search

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Line Chart


Line charts

The Arranged Data in columns or rows can also be plotted in line chart

This line charts shows permanent data over time, Line charts are always set against a regular scale which make them ideal for displaying trends in data at equal intervals. 

See Also Column Chart
Line chart category data is spread regularly along the horizontal axis, and all value data is spread evenly along the vertical axis.


Tips
I use a line chart when the category labels in my data are text, and are representing evenly spaced values such as months, quarters, or years. 

If there are multiple series for one series, I consider using a category chart

I also use a line chart if I have a few evenly spaced numerical labels, especially years. 

If I have more than ten numerical labels, I use a scatter chart instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment